Thursday, March 5, 2015

PAPPARDELLE WITH TRUFFLE BUTTER AND SHRIMP

 This was our dinner last night.  When I discovered the truffle butter I had to get some so I could adapt Ina Garten's Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter.  Her recipe can be found here:
First I used my vegetable peeler to get some shavings of Parmesan.
  I put it in the fridge so it wouldn't get too soft.  Next came the shrimp, I took off the shells and then sauteed some garlic and added the shrimp.


I chopped some chives and had sliced a lemon in half when I realized that the lemon and half and half would not be a good combination.  Curdled sauce was not on the menu for the night.  
I took the shrimp out when they were just pink.  I then added 1/2 cup of half and half and half of the container of truffle butter.  While all of this is going on I've got water on the boil for pappardelle.

Once the truffle butter was melted and the pasta cooked I drained the pasta, added it to the sauce and added some of the pasta cooking water to keep the pasta moist.  I then added the shrimp back in and half of the chopped chives.  Once I plated the pasta I added the Parmesan shreds and a sprinkle of chives.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments, please share! EAT WELL FRIENDS