Friday, June 12, 2015

PARMESAN CRUSTED FLOUNDER WITH RICE

 
I was able to find a nice flounder filet and decided to crust it in Parmesan and potato flakes.  Now for a side dish I always have trouble because the hubs does not like a lot of veggies!  ARGH!!  I opted for rice and pieces of mushroom big enough that he could pick them out.  First up is the rice...

I got the rice started in my rice cooker and moved on to the enhancements.  First I sauteed some shallots until soft and slightly caramelized.


Next went in the mushrooms...and then it was a matter of mixing the three together, super easy.


The flounder was just as easy as the rice.  I started with my dredging station.

  
I dredged from right to left, first is flour, salt and pepper, next is eggs and some Dijon mustard and lastly is the Parmesan and potato flakes.  I must have been in a bit of a funk that night as I have no pictures of the flounder being pan seared.  Any hoo, take you flounder filet and cut it into portions, dredge in the flour, the egg and then the mixed together potato mix.  Pan sear for 4-5 minutes on each side and dinner is served.



I did add a butter and herb sauce on top after I seared the fish.  A little garlic, lemon zest, basil and parsley.  Again I was in a funk and didn't get a good picture of the sauce.


See, told ya so!  haha  Eat Well Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments, please share! EAT WELL FRIENDS