Friday, June 12, 2015

HAMBURGER MACARONI

 We had some dear friends move back into the neighborhood and as a welcome back I made hamburger macaroni for them.  It was an easy meal for them to reheat and it was a huge hit with all five kids (yes I said FIVE! kids!)I love it because it is a wiz to put together and it tastes yummy!

I start by boiling the noodles just shy of al dente as they will bake in the oven with the sauce for a bit.  I then dice one onion, one green pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic.  I saute them over medium to medium high heat in a little olive oil.

After they have softened up I add the ground beef and kick up the heat to be able to brown the ground beef, for this big batch I used 2 pounds of beef.


I did take advantage of a large 28 oz of tomatoes with herbs already included.


You may have to add a second can if the mixture isn't moist enough, which I did.  


Next add in the macaroni and stir together.

 
Once mixed I put it all in a large disposable lasagne pan. And topped with a lot of grated cheddar cheese.



Bake it at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Coming up tomorrow will be French onion soup and rabbit.  Eat Well Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments, please share! EAT WELL FRIENDS