Tuesday, July 7, 2015

ROASTED RABBIT IN MUSTARD SAUCE


I found this recipe in my Saveur Cookbook and since my local grocery store carries rabbit I thought I would give it a try.

First up is to clean the rabbit and get rid of the offal, or find a recipe to use all that good stuff.

Pan seared rabbit kidneys and liver are a yummy little cooks treat, butter and some thyme and you are good to go!

Next is to cut up the rabbit into serving size pieces, love when the cleaver gets to come out to play. hehe!!





Now for the marinade, first is salt and pepper.  Then I added one small container of creme fraiche, which I have never cooked with before either, with 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard, 4 garlic cloves, 1 T thyme and sage and 2 bay leaves. 




I placed all of this in a shallow roasting pan and covered with plastic wrap and tucked him in the refrigerator for the night.




The next evening, the wait almost killed me, I brought him out and let the rabbit come to room temp, about an hour.  Then into a 400 degree oven for 55-60 minutes.  It was yummy!




Eat Well Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments, please share! EAT WELL FRIENDS