Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pan Seared Steak with Orzo Vegetable Medley

 

So last night I was tired and decided to skip posting, it happens.  I had a lovely piece of top sirloin steak that I split in half as the hubs likes his steak medium to medium well and I just require that it no longer moos!  
  The orzo vegetable medley was completely selfish on my part, I wanted lots of veggies in a yummy sauce.  I boiled the corn and then cut it off the cob.  Cut the sugar snap peas in 1/2 - 3/4 inch pieces, threw in some shredded carrots and quartered grape tomatoes. 
I split the leek in half, washed well - I don't care for sand in my dinner.  I also chopped up some garlic.  I sweated the leeks and garlic while I started John's (that's the hubs) steak in the cast iron skillet.
And the orzo is cooking away in the back.  After softening the leeks I added the rest of the veggies.
I then added my steak to the skillet, after searing John's and turning.
Orzo went in with the veggie mix and then I added half and half and a good amount of Parmesan cheese.

Steaks came out to rest as the orzo sauce reduced.

And dinner was served!
For those few that know the hubs, dinner passed the sneeze test.  For those that are unaware, if I make a new recipe and John likes it he will sneeze (numerous times), no sneezing then the recipe will not be back on the table again.  This one stays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments, please share! EAT WELL FRIENDS