Sunday, February 8, 2015

Roast Chicken and leftover Orzo

Well here is the easiest Sunday night dinner!  Roasted chicken with some of the leftover orzo medley from last night.
I washed off the chicken and then dried it so the oil, herb and lemon mixture would stick to the chicken.  I chopped 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme from my garden, 1/2 a teaspoon of rubbed sage, 3 
cloves of garlic chopped and 1/2 a lemon zested and juiced. Salt and pepper to taste.  
I put about 1/3 of the mixture inside of the chicken along with the juice from the other half of lemon and then I put the two lemon halves in the cavity.  I then slather the outside of the chicken. 

 Place in the oven at 375 for about an hour and a half, it will depend on the size of the chicken.  Juices at the thigh should run clear or an instant read thermometer should read 180.
Chicken perfection!  Make sure you save those juices and turn them into a great pan sauce.  Place the juices in a small sauce pan and reduce for a few minutes, YUM.
And yes it passed the sneeze test. HAHA  I have been making so much food this week that I am going to take a few days off so that hubby and I can work through the refrigerator full of leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments, please share! EAT WELL FRIENDS